Friday, June 20, 2008

I can sew straight lines




Seriously, I stand by this statement. Patterns confuse me but I have been so inspired by etsy, and goody goody, and many other places that I took my sewing machine for a tune up after I got a copy of Bend the Rules Sewing. I figured I'd invest a few dollars on some fabric, bought two zippers, got a WONDERFUL explanation from a dedicated JoAnn's employee on how to sew said zippers, and voila!!...here are my first two creations. The green one came first as a test, and I will admit, I sewed the zipper on the wrong side but was still beside myself with sewing glee and pride. Today, I whipped the striped one straight up. I still need to hand tack the lining in but I will do that outside while I watch the kids play. These measure 5x7, a bit oversized for credit cards so I might make a few a tad smaller as gift card holders. This size is PERFECT for my new tiny camera though so I need to make it a new cozy home. And I am feeling the need for some nicer, more durable fabric too. As if I can squeeze this little hobby in, alongside my digi scrap class, all the while caring for and entertaining my two kids for the summer.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: