Monday, June 22, 2009

muffin tin monday #2

Ok, I stuck to this plan for a second week in a row. Can you guess the theme of the food?
Yes, circles! My kids are still quite intrigued by this concept and without me ever saying so, assumed it meant you had to empty each hole/opening which equals better eaters at lunch time.
I am obviously taking the VERY low tech approach here but it's working and is fun. My circle shaped foods included:
sandwich cut into a circle
cheese cut into a circle
one marshmallow
cheese balls
oreos
a round cup full of juice (pretty much a no brainer there, but I don't have many cups that will fit in the slot)

(shown before baking)
And for dinner, I prepared these enticing enchiladas. I portioned 5 in this dish for tonight of which we ate three total, so a yummy lunch is in my future. I put the remaining four in a freezer container for a later date. Recipe:


Enticing Enchiladas

1 lb. ground chuck

1 small onion, chopped

1 c. cream style cottage cheese (small curd)

1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles (optional, I omit this)

10 6 inch flour tortillas

2 c. shredded Mexican Cheese blend

COOK ground chuck and onion in a large skillet over high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and meat is no longer pink; drain. Return to skillet, stir in cottage cheese.

PROCESS diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in a food processor until smooth. Stir in chopped chiles if desired.

SPOON 2 to 3 tbs. ground beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each w/ 2 tbs. tomato mixture and 1.5 tbs. cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over top, top with remaining cheese.

BAKE enchiladas at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.



Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Circle shaped food is always a hit. Great tin!

http://rosegardenhomeschool.blogspot.com/

Val