Wednesday, August 19, 2009

it's back to school tomorrow....

I think we're ready! Shelby got to "check it out" today, as she told her dad and met her teacher and rode around the parking lot on a bus. While there, Olivia met her teacher (as did I) and saw her room too. I am mostly excited and ready for this change in routine. My apprehensions are as follows:
--it is far too hot and humid, and Olivia has no AC in her wing of the building
--Olivia is scheduled for school, then basketball practice immediately following. This would make her first day 9 hours long, with about 45 minutes for a breather and for dinner before Shelby has soccer practice at 6p. I feel like something is going to have to give.
--Shelby rides to school on her own every day, but tomorrow, since her sister has basketball after school, she has to ride home alone on her first day. I don't like it :)

Now I know, kids are resilient so this will probably not (may not?) bother them. It's my job to worry though, right? And to over analyze! Wish us luck.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: