Monday, May 3, 2010

so much to do and say

...so little time!

First, I need to gush over the Lee Woodruff speaking event last Thursday. I know I probably should not go out on this limb but she was my favorite this season. Lee was so genuine, an effortless and at ease speaker and one who able to connect really well to her audience. My friend Amy and I both agreed and left certain we'd read both of her books, In An Instant and Perfectly Imperfect. Her husband's recovery is NOTHING if not one of the biggest miracles I have heard told. My favorite takeaway? When she said during a challenge/tragedy you can either become bitter or better. She clearly chose better. I just love this sentiment.
Next up at Smart Talk at the Aronoff....Helen Hunt. Looking forward to hearing and meeting her and a night out with Miss Kacie.Next -my rough outline of this week's menu. I really began on Saturday but here goes:

Monday: Italian Sausage on the grill with Peppers and Onions Hot Dogs for the Girls
Steak Fries
Tuesday: Baked Pork Chops
Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner! Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Toast (maybe potatoes if I am in the mood for a mess)
Thursday: Dave golfs so the kids and I will eat out or pick something up
Friday: Chicken Stir Fry

I will add the recipe for the Chicken Stir Fry when I get upstairs to my Recipe file. I totally enjoy the links to other people's recipes and although this week's menu does not indicate it, I do try a bunch of them. This week apparently I am taking a walk on easy street!

School is winding down and this week is Teacher Appreciation week so I have lots to do and things to send in each day. Tomorrow, Olivia's teacher is getting this handmade coffee cup cozy (made by me!). She is a big Starbucks fan.




I also picked up a SB gift card but forgot an empty cup to put this around. That would not be a big deal but I just dropped off the aging mini van at the dealer b/c the engine light came on yesterday which needed to be addressed ASAP...unlike all of these issues I had been avoiding denying: the steering wheel shaking like crazy when I brake hard or from a high speed, a LOUD squeak when I make a sharp left, the overdue oil change and tire rotation....I am afraid of the phone call with the diagnosis.

Ok, enough rambling today! Enjoy. Pin It

No comments: