Saturday, April 9, 2011

a rainy saturday check in

Instead of heading to a soccer double header for Shelby, I find myself with the luxury of a few unplanned, unscheduled hours at home due to a thunderstorm. So nice to relax a bit and catch up.
I am hoping to begin repainting our downstairs living area soon. This old house is in need of a makeover pretty badly and my hope is to begin with paint, a bit of new carpet and *maybe* refinishing our hardwood floors and extending that into our dining room. Here are a few of the gray and yellow rooms I found on Flickr. (all photo credits can be found in my Flickr Favorites). I love gray but since all of our window trim is oak, I am not sure I will like it as well. I absolutely prefer white trim and this oak has been my chief dislike in our house since Day 1.


I love this room too but you will have to visit Flickr to see it.
Also on my wish list, a gray couch.
What do you think? Pin It

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness.. this is exactly what I want my formal living room to look like! :)