Saturday, June 4, 2011

winding down


This was a busy week leading up to the last day of school.
On Thursday, I spent the day at the zoo with the first graders. That is Shelby in the very front in blue, petting some sort of reptile. She touched every creepy thing they had available for touching: cockroaches, snakes, dragons. Bleck! She did NOT inherit that from me but I like it.

The token elephant shot.

And Shelby and her bestie, Hailey. Hailey had command of that map like it was her job. A first grader with a sense of direction. I like that too.

And then Friday before heading out for 1.5 hours of school, 1 of which was spent at Mass, my now 2nd and 5th graders. What? How did that happen? As my good neighbor says: turn around twice and they will be gone. I am starting to beleive that.

Summer vacation...bring it on.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: