Saturday, July 16, 2011

on the menu tonight: recipes from magazines

Wow, tonight I made two homeruns from my stash of torn out recipes from the pages of magazines.

First, 1-2-3 Salmon from Taste of Home.
Several things to note, I had never cooked salmon in my life and this turned out delicious. My husband literally gobbled it up. The marinade was perfect and not overwhelming. I cooked my large piece of salmon with the skin on, following the directions I read awhile ago on Lisa Russo's blog. My spatula slid right between the skin and the fish very easily and then I had just a big filet on the plate, ready to eat.


Next, I made Garden Veggie Linguine with Cilantro Pesto. The dressing is to.die.for. I preferred the dish room temp but I think I will like it even better cold. Next time, I will omit the carrots and since I grilled additional zucchini and corn on the cob, I threw those into the dish at dinner time. These flavors were even more intense and delicious. I also added cut up cherry tomatoes. I will definitely make it again but will plan it for a cold pasta salad dish. And if I have the time, I will grill the veggies and throw in any extras I have on hand.

Three cheers for summer grilling and eating!

I feel compelled to add that my kids ate neither of these and that Dave at the salmon but since he thinks he does not like cilantro, did not eat the pasta. And that is OK. More leftovers for me. Pin It

No comments: