Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Afghan

This is one of those Pinterest pins that leads to nowhere specific so...all I know is that Lion Brand yarn somehow deserves credit. When I pinned this, I shared it with my Mom because I don't know how to crochet. Cannot.do.it.

Today we celebrated our birthdays and she gave me this...
 (photo snapped by Shelby with my iphone into direct sunlight)

I'd snap a better photo of it now but it's already gone through the washer and is in the dryer! What you cannot see is the blue is really a perfect shade of turquoise and along with the beige and cream are yellow blocks too. It is so lovely. Totally a modern take on an afghan. I cannot wait to display and it use it in our family room. I have been wanting to add some touches of aqua and this will get me off to the start I need. I am already considering painting my lamps blue!

Thank you Mom. I love you and Happy Birthday to you too.





Pin It

No comments: