Friday, April 13, 2007

celebrations


The daughter of my good friend Beth, is making her First Communion in May, and fortunately for me, I got to create an invitation for the mass and celebration to follow. Isn't Ellie adorable? And even more special, Beth had her veil from her First Communion attached to this headpiece. I need to make a note to myself to keep things like this from my girls' milestones so they can someday be passed on. I do have one check in the good column as I had my wedding dress made into a Christening gown which both of my girls have worn. Many people asked how I could cut up my dress...and really, it meant more to me using it again in this way...and I REALLY hope my girls are too tall to ever wear my weddding dress! The consolation prize, is that their children can wear their Christening gown, right? Now if only I would listen to my Mother and get their initials and baptism date monogrammed onto the slip of the dress to pass down to future generations. Really, I am not too late, my girls are only nearly 3 and 6!!
Pin It

No comments: