Thursday, June 14, 2007

I am a reader...


I always have been but with two kids, I don't read quite as much as I used to, or would like to. I tend toward mysteries, lighter novels, I like recurring characters...Stephanie Plum, Alex Delaware but I saw a little write up for Summer Beach Reads, and one was Sister Mine. I guess I thought that was going to be a recurring character type of thing, so I got Tawni O' Dells first novel to start there. Turns out it had been an Oprah pick too. Well, Back Roads is captivating but hardcore too. It is like a train wreck, I cannot look away or put it down, but it is haunting at the same time. I bought it to read at the beach, I do not even leave until the weekend, and I am nearly done. I suggest it, but caution you.
I also read Confessions of a Shopaholic last week. That was a quick, fun read, and I am all about reading the remainder of those and following the life of Rebecca. Only, I waited too long to request part 2 at the library, and neither Target or Walmart have it tonight. But they do have the 3rd or 4th in the series, which is so tempting, but I resisted. Oh well, I will have to read the others I bought a few weeks ago, and catch those once I return.
If it were not for having to actually get in the pool with my little darlings, I could probably finish a book every third day. That day will come, right? And then I will be crying that I do not have any babies!
Pin It

No comments: