Friday, July 13, 2007

2 of my top 10

Cooking and Reading. Both are in my top 10 list of likes, things I enjoy, good things...not sure exactly what to call it, but you get my point, right? I sound like I am on the 10,000 Pyramid. I really loved that show back in the day, and I am sure I'd have been good at it. I digress...

Ok, first off...my friends came through with more recipes from our dinner together.
Here is a delicious, deceivingly simple, dip recipe:

BLT Dip

1/2 Cup of bacon
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tomato cut up (grape tomatoes)
Mix all together and serve with your favorite cracker

And our dipper was Baked Ritz Chips. Um, yum!! Where the heck have I been b/c those things are just plain good.

Next, the lasagna recipe. I have to admit, I am more of a frozen lasagna purchaser than maker of lasagna. It's typically time consuming and just too much for me (and I do like to cook) but this one looks manageable and it was darned delicious. Now, there are not many details here but I think I will still give it a try. I am guessing it has something to do with my friend's choice of sauce b/c I will say it again...it was good!!

Lasagna

Noodles enough for 3 layers
1 1/2 lb ground beef
favorite sauce (I use Paul Newman's Marinara)
Mozzarella Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Cook the noodles and the meat - separately
After that is cooked layer all the ingredients and put it in the oven on 350 until it is bubbly.

**I am pretty sure she puts the cottage cheese and mozzarella in the same layer, not mixed together first, but just spread about at the same time

Now, onto what I have been reading. I finished the latest Jonathan Kellerman novel, and those are always good. And then I read: Confessions of a Shopaholic. I admit, and nothing against the British, the slang and British humor was sometimes hard to follow but the tale was pretty amusing. Enough that I quickly ran to the library following vacation for, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan. This was even funnier. I mean, laugh out loud, funny. So I read that in just days. Remember, I do have two kids to attend to, otherwise, I am sure I could have read it in 36 hours or so, factoring in sleep. Now, I am just about finished with Shopaholic Ties the Knot. Again, just hilarious. This character, Rebecca Bloomwood, not only gets herself in the funniest pickles, but her daydreaming and passion for shopping, it's just good stuff. So, today I reserved the next installment at the library. I justify this by claiming to multi-task. While I am supervising assorted children in and around my yard, driveway, and pool, I am reading too. That makes me feel better about the HOURS I spend outside.

Happy weekend. Pin It

No comments: