Wednesday, November 14, 2007

level of participation

Granted, there are people who do more but I feel like I am in full swing as a volunteer at my girls' schools, especially Olivia's. And I love it but sense I may soon come close to the point where I need to say NO at times, to save my own sanity. On Tuesday, for example, I had a 9a meeting to discuss Classroom Projects for the Grand Event fundraiser held in March. I returned to school at 3:10p to pick O up. Dave and I both went back at 7p for her teacher conference and a run through the Book Fair. Shew! The conference went so well and I am very proud of Olivia. VERY. Tomorrow I will work at the book fair during her scheduled library time, which apparently is no easy task since the librarian said, they all come with a certain amount of $$ to spend, but always want more. I understand that feeling all too well! I also am in charge of supplying a crockpot full of beef BBQ for the Thursday conferences. See what I mean? Busy life. Today I also typed up the letters asking for Christmas Gift donations for the teacher. Remember, I am the room Mom...

If you are ready for something delicious, and a one pot supper, try my Mom's Barbecue (that's how we spell it!).

Barbecue
by Bev Anderson

1 bottle Heinz Ketchup (8 oz)
1 small onion diced
2 tbs dry mustard
1 tbs sugar
2 tsp vinegar
2 lbs ground chuck

Brown meat and onion together in skillet. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve on buns with cole slaw. Yum. Pin It

No comments: