Wednesday, December 12, 2007

cards by kids








I decided to involve my kids a little in making their teachers' gifts. I bought 2 packs of $1 cards at Michaels, and 2 packs of coordinating stickers. I let each child (although for now, I only have pics of Shelby b/c Olivia was at school!) decorate the cards with one sticker each, and the envelope too. I printed a label for the back that said made by: child's name and also added their age...figuring that would explain why most of Shelby's stickers were upside down, and allow the secondary recipient to appreciate the concept. I hope the teachers can use these for thank you cards and if they don't, not much was invested. In the end, I put them in cello bags and tied them with ribbon.
Note: the teachers are getting other gifts too, this was just the part handmade by the kids!
Posted by Picasa


And while I am at it, my Christmas cards have been out for about a week now, so I will share it here as well. I made the collage portion at bighugelabs.com, which allows you to make cool things with your flickr photos. I made the remainder of the card in Photo Shop. By the way, this was one of those ideas, that I just loved at the onset of the process. By the time I mailed it, I was not so sure. And sorry for any confusion to peeps who received this and thought: who is Brian Andreas? He is the author of the quote...not a new member of our family.
Pin It

No comments: