Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a new tasty recipe

I made this salad today, for the teachers' luncheon tomorrow at Shelby's school. I had a taste, and even before adding the chicken, it is really good. So different. Fitting in with my new love of mexican-ish cuisine.

BBQ Chicken Chop Salad

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce

Marinate chicken in sauce and then bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Chop pieces and refrigerate.

½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
3-4 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jicama, peeled and diced (I omitted this)
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 (15 oz. can) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated

Combine chicken with salad ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with Ranch dressing, additional BBQ sauce and crispy corn tortilla chips.

Recipe from my FAVORITES cookbook, sent to me by my super generous friend Martha! Pin It

No comments: