Thursday, February 5, 2009

back to scrapbooking

I would not go so far as to say I am doing some soul searching but I do have this sense that I have gotten way off course lately. I am so loving quilting and becoming a better sew-er. I feel so good about looking at things, breaking it down, and then figuring out how to do it for myself. That is all good. But...my love has always been scrapbooking. My passion: taking pictures. (Hey, having the means to photograph quilts is a good thing too!). So the past week has found me really yearning to get back to documenting my family's life. Just in this past week, I probably could fill one scrapbook recording the moments in my girls' lives. So the above, super quick layout, is doing just that. And I am going to make time, use the free time I do get every so often, to filling in the big gaps from recent months.
I have always kept separate books for each girl and I really hope to always fill those with special tidbits, unique just to them. I also have had a very general family album, where I house everything else. Layouts of holidays with lots of family, the girls together, the occasional layout of me with my own friends etc. Rolling about in my brain is the idea to somehow simplify that part. Maybe for this year, 2009, I will choose one kit, a few templates and a few extras and just go with it. Similar to the concept of my "a week in the life" book. I think this gives me the best chance at capturing our day to day existence, from the mundane (which someday will be priceless, I think) to the really momentous. The creative part of me will still get to use all of my ever-growing stash on the girl's individual layouts but the yearly book will be more cohesive. I will keep you posted on how this goes. I am anxious to get to work.
As for this little goody above, it is mostly from a pre-made template at Weeds and Wildflowers. Felt alpha: Krystal Hartley. Date was a freebie from Simply Sweet Designs. That's it! Remember, click the picture to view it larger :)
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: