Tuesday, February 10, 2009

vintage sewing notions and a valentine table runner




Very near my house resides a store called Gayle's Vintage Clothing. Sunday was a fabulously, sunny, warm day so I took myself down there and found these wonderful notions. The place is JAM PACKED with treasures. My heart started racing when I saw drawers marked: buttons, rick rack, seam binding...! What I like best about these are the packages and old school prices. I spent $4.
Next, I made a heart runner for my table. It took awhile so it will be on display for a whole 4 days at this point. I am really perfecting the binding but there is just no quick way to get it done. I drew this heart by hand onto card stock and them simply cut it from 3 fabrics. I machine stitched those onto the white background and then did some machine quilting through it all. All the fabric is from Hobby Lobby.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: