Sunday, April 26, 2009

soccer and paninis + sunday showcase

You may need to click the above photo to see it larger but, number 2 in the green shirt is my girl Shelby, going for a goal!
Next, this is her proud face as she exits the field to greet me on the sideline. Love it.
Today's lunch: Hearty Grain bread, Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Tomatoes and Roasted Turkey--grilled on my waffle maker=panini sandwich extraordinaire! Seriously, this method of crisping up the outside and subtly melting the inside results in a restaurant worthy, yummo, sandwich. Two days ago I did the same thing without turkey. Tasty as well.
And here is my humble set up: a Krups waffle iron. I simply spray it with non stick spray (or you can brush your bread with olive oil) place my sandwich inside and press down hard. The only thing I caution you about is to use a sturdy bread, otherwise it does not seem to withstand the deep indentations of the iron combined with oil too well. So far, this bread has worked the very best. I got it at Kroger for $2.99. It goes stale quickly so I slice it up and place the slices in the freezer and pull them out as I need them. Perfect.

I had such a crazy, busy week that as I look down at my notebad that I normally fill with Sunday Showcase ideas, I find it to be blank. I will start today on next's week list so come back.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

yoga for ed said...

Emerging in Italy by two brothers of Global Craze and Water World Cup Sticker Albums, the world has resulted in a global love affair to collect stickers of World Cup teams and their players.