Friday, August 28, 2009

bargains around town


The stuff and save sale began today at Old Navy. If you have a credit card there, you get 20% off whatever you buy. And this go around, you pick up their recyclable tote in store to stuff, for free. They are cute and well made so I encourage you go, get one, fill it!

Earlier in the week, I was at Big Lots, per the advice of my child's 3rd grade teacher, searching for a larger art box for said child. While there, I saw 12x12 blank artist canvases for $5. That size is not always easy to find, and that is a good price. I did not buy any but if I am able to develop a guaranteed use, I will go back.

While I am discussing such high brow institutions (honestly, I am not above a good deal regardless of where it comes from!) let me talk about McDonalds. I had a coupon for a free Angus Burger so I got one during our hurried drive thru dinner last night which allowed my children to be fed between O's basketball practice and Shelby's soccer practice. ( I won't lie, I have prayed for lightening to cancel the 6p obligation b/c Thursday is the looooooooongest day of the week.) Anyway, it was a darned good sandwich! The portion was too big for me to finish but the burger was tasty and meaty, not like those other wafers I typically eat there. The McDonalds nearest me has predictably bad service which I really wish would change. And I also wish their shake machine worked closer to 7 days per week instead of the 3 it appears to (not saying I go 3 days a week, but some weeks, I may and when I am feeling nice and allow my child to order a shake with her meal, at least 75% of the time, the shake machine is down). And what the heck, while I am on this rant, their handling of the recent Beanie Babies giveaway was embarrassing ( I may not care personally but I can assure you my 5 and 8 year old do!). I don't think they ever had ANY available during our multiple visits during this past month. Things that make you go hmmm? Pin It

No comments: