Wednesday, August 5, 2009

my quilting progress

Here are the 20 blocks I have completed. My goal is to make this quilt 5 by 7 blocks, so 35 total. I am short a bit of fabric so I wondered if adding in 3-5 solid white/cream blocks would work? What do you think?
This is mostly Amy Butler fabric with a few of my fat quarters from elsewhere thrown in.

I saw this quilt idea in the store where my Mom bought the fabric. I was too cheap to buy the $14.95 book, so I am sort of creating as I go along, based on these 21" strips pieced together. The fabric widths are 1.5", 3.5" and 5.5". Since I am easy to please, it should work out OK and make a decent lap quilt in the end.


And this is my iphone case. Once I cut each of my 21" strips of pieced fabrics, I am left with little end pieces of patchwork after my 2- 8.5" blocks (which where intended to be 9" but I am making it work). I sewed 2 together and lined it with beige linen.

Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: