Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I am not sure which blog was the first onewhere I stumbled upon this concept but many clicks and links later, I have read, bookmarked and printed many o' recipes! Tonight we had this recipe from the Deen Brothers: Bobby's Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime. And this recipe Cheesy Potato Strips. which I read, failed to bookmark and had to unearth through an extensive google search involving just the right combination of phrases!

Both, totally yummy. Those potatoes that have soaked up the milk during the baking have an amazing and different taste. The chicken was perfect, super moist. I only wish the skin had been crispier and wonder if this could be done on the grill ?

Back to the Menu Plan Monday...this blog looks to be the originator, and if not the originator the keeper of the links! Just today, there are 260+ blogs linked with their meals for the week listed and MANY have links to recipes. For the past several months, I have been listing out a rough outline of my meals on a pad of paper designed for Sun-Sat meal planning. It has helped me to shop better and avoid eating out or bringing home fast food quite as often. This has given me a refreshed outlook and a new source for quick, easy recipes. Pin It

No comments: