Wednesday, April 7, 2010

spring break

We are enjoying day 3. So far, the weather has been wonderful. We have had sleepovers, an afternoon at the park, much bike riding and playing outdoors and even 3 XL pizza shared with the neighbors last night outside. Fun. In between all of this, I have been squeezing in my work.

For today, Wednesday, I had some burritos from an old Rachael Magazine (which the page is dateless unfortunately) slated for dinner. I cannot seem to find the recipe online so I am going to share it here. So simple and from my taster bites straight out of the pot, extra yummy too.

Southwestern Burrito Bar (I think it was recommended for a party in the mag)

In a large skillet, simmer 1lb lean ground beef, stirring to break up the meat. Add a 16 oz jar salsa, 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and a 10 oz bag of corn, thawed. Season with salt and cook through. Serve with flour tortillas and your favorite burrito fixins.

** Ok, I only had about a 1/3 of a jar of salsa so I added 3/4 or a can of enchilada sauce to that. My corn was from a can...I made due with what I had on hand and it was great.

Another aside, after I made the Deen Brothers lime chicken, I saved all of the left over meat removed from the bones. Yesterday, I mixed some of the meat with ranch dressing and added that to a soft tortilla lined with lettuce and I sprinkled bbq sauce on top--it was delicious. I am having that again for lunch tomorrow.

Happiness is quicky, easy but tasty meals. If only my kids would eat them too... Pin It

No comments: