Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a gift giving time of year...

I got some gourmet cupcakes today from SugarPlums cupcakery. Two for bus driver gifts in the flavor of snickerdoodle.
They came in the box and I added the ribbon, tag and sentiment with a Dymo labeler. The tag is from HERE.

And two more (not shown) for the ladies who run the school cafeteria. Their flavor? Vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling and frosting.


Next, I collected money for gift cards for the Brownie Troop leaders. I printed out the tag by using an element from the My Life Rocks kit at Little Dreamer Designs.

I actually made the zippered pouches but forgot to photograph them before putting them inside the bag. They are lined with contrasting fabric and are cute! And the fabric, is Girl Scout fabric that my Mom gave me a few fat quarters of on my birthday. This was a perfect use for it. To make the pouches I used some of the ideas from Bend the Rules sewing, and some from this tutorial that allows you to machine sew the lining. I want to try this pleated version next!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It