Wednesday, July 14, 2010

quilt as you go

I saw this last week for the first time here. And when she mentioned they were addicting, I'd say she was right!

I have not mastered free motion quilting at all, and tend to focus on smaller projects anyway but this "quilt as you go" looked so intriguing, I gave it a try. It was perfect for using my small collection of vintage sheets. I originally thought I would make this one and create a pillow but as I am already underway on block #2, I think a small quilt may evolve instead! I have gotten smarter already...I made my strips a bit wider and planned ahead by laying out my fabrics before beginning to sew...and I am clipping strings on the front and back, as I go!
You can find the 4 part tutorial here and try it yourself. I have found the instructions super easy to follow. Of course, I have not tried affixing blocks to other blocks yet...or backing...or binding BUT I am optimistic!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: