Sunday, August 8, 2010

cool things found on the internet...

...today!

Party Booth. I need to throw a party and try this out. Looks super fun. I might do the 10 day trial and just set my kids loose.

Home Ec. A way cool online sewing class that starts tomorrow. So tempted to give this a go! One of the teachers is Rachel Denbow, I am a huge fan of hers. And vintage sheets which many of the projects feature. My Mom found me a cool one on Friday at a thrift store. I will take pics of it tomorrow to share.

I had a great time last night visiting with old friends at an annual Fiesta hosted by long time friends.

I made it through 7 days of sticking pretty faithfully to Step 1 of the Joy's Life Diet. I have found several foods that I really like and plan to keep in my arsenal. The soup is not my fav although the only thing I don't like is the cabbage so I pick around that. Today I made the Dark Chocolate and Cherry muffins b/c those are allowed for breakfast or as a snack during Step 2. I taste tested one tonight and at first I thought B L A N D but really, they are pretty good. That was my first bite of chocolate in 7 or more days. The recipe is in the book or online here. I got my book from the library. I also tried the Funky Monkey coffee drink. Not a fan of the banana with the coffee so I think I will leave it out and just increase the yogurt and try it again later in the week. A similar (but not so calorie conscious version) is here. I bet the addition of sweetened condensed milk would make it extra yum.

I will weigh in tomorrow but I think my week's efforts help me to shed 4 lbs. Not bad. Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you for sticking with it!!

John said...

FYI, the photo booth software, Party Booth, has been renamed Sparkbooth and the new site is at http://sparkbooth.com