Tuesday, January 18, 2011

meal plan monday


on Tuesday.

Monday: Pork Chop Casserole--I used a recipe from my Uncle that did not call for the pork chops to be browned first, although I think this is a good idea. Also, my recipe called for mixing 8oz of sour cream with the soup instead of milk. This could not have been easier and was really rich and tasty. I cooked Shelby a plain pork chop on the side and Olivia had chicken nuggets.

Tuesday: Meatloaf for Dave and I, burgers for the girls. I divided a 2lb meatloaf mix last time I made it and will use the remaining spice pack for our 1lb. version tonight. I will add a veggie.

Wednesday: Hot Dogs, Metts and Baked Beans--b/c I am craving baked beans. Not so sure the temperature outside is going to cooperate with the grilling plan.

Thursday: Chicken. I have not made this in awhile so it could be this:

Cranberry Chicken Casserole

1 package Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Wild Rice

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can (16oz) Whole Cranberry Sauce

3 tbs butter

2 tbs soy sauce

1 tbs lemon juice

½ cup sliced almonds

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Butter all sides of 11x 14 baking dish. Sprinkle uncooked rice evenly over butter. Sprinkle seasoning packet over rice. Arrange raw chicken on rice.

In medium sauce pan combine cranberry sauce, butter, soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir until melted and well blended. Pour sauce over chicken. Add 2 tbs of water to rice surrounding chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle almonds on chicken, bake until almonds are brown and chicken is tender.


Please excuse all the wonky text.


More great meal plans ::HERE::.




Pin It

No comments: