Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weight Watcher Wednesday

My focus (and praises!) for this week go to Trader Joes! TJ's is not super close but I always love going but this time I was looking for healthy options and was not disappointed. The organic cherry tomatoes (a blend of reds and yellows) were some of the best I have EVER eaten. I ate them by the handful as a snack (more like candy) and also added them to everything thing I could. The sliced fresh pineapple was also delicious. I think I ate that in less than 24 hours.

Last night, I made a Rachael Ray recipe: Creamed Chicken with gnocchi dumplings. Trader Joe's gnocchi is $1.99 per pkg and as far as I know, I have never seen them priced this low. And they are good. And surprisingly not a terrible diet buster. For this recipe, I used 2% milk instead of half n half. I did not figure out the points value, and I am sure it was pretty high, but oh my word, this stuff is delicious. I ate a half of can of green beans on the side for balance :)

I also purchased a frozen Chicken Fajita Burrito at Trader Joes but have not yet made that. This was a sound choice points wise so I have high hopes it will be tasty. I also bought a loaf of the most incredible Sesame Semolina Bread. Each slice was 4 pts, but I toasted it and made open faced sandwiches.

And last, the biggest win of the trip: Chicken Sausage with Sundried Tomatoes and Basil. 3pts. 3pts! I ate this grilled served with sauteed (in cooking spray) onions, peppers and mushrooms and it was so crazy delicious, I was amazed. I even used a real hot dog bun (just 3 pts) but in the end only ate half of that. I know this is going to be a summer grilling staple because it is the healthiest option I have come across. But without compromising on flavor.

Three cheers to Trader Joes! Pin It

No comments: