Saturday, September 10, 2011

dinner with neighbors, recipes courtesy of pinterest

Pinterest. Pinning. Do you know about it? It's like an online pinboard, a bulletin board to store all the great ideas you find online. I have a Pinterest button over there -------------->, click it to see what I collect and FOLLOW me if you'd like.

So, in order to justify my time {although I typically do this at night from my i phone} I thought I had better implement some of these great ideas.

First up, an appetizer, Blooming Onion Bread, from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

This was delicious. Indulgent, yes; but very tasty. I added onion powder to my melted butter otherwise I followed her instructions exactly.

Next up, Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes from A Big Mouthful.
This was so tasty. I served it room temperature at dinner but have already eaten it cold today for lunch. Yummy. I added some green onions only because I had extra cut up from the bread above. 

Moving on to dessert, Olivia assisted me in making S'more Croissants from Northern Cottage.
Next time, I would do some tweaking to this one. I would brush the outside with butter and sprinkle with sugar before baking so the whole thing had a sweet, pastry taste. Also, the marshmallows seem to have heated and escaped so I might try again but work to seal the contents inside better. Despite all that, the center with the melted morsels was divine.

In addition to these recipes, we had grilled beef tenderloin, baked coconut shrimp, Sister Schubert's rolls and an additional dessert of strawberry shortcake. I cut up the strawberries, covered them in about a half cup of sugar and let them sit on the counter for the afternoon which results in a sweet sauce. For my shortcakes, I dredged grands biscuits in sugar and cinnamon and baked them. I served those warm with the strawberries and whip cream.

It was a great night.
Pin It

No comments: