Wednesday, March 14, 2007

a yummy recipe

I understand that my recipe posts would be a tad more interesting if I included photos, but I keep forgetting to take them. Also, I fear my family will than know I have gone completely over the edge. Anyway, here is a really good recipe:

White and Wild Rice Salad

2/3 c. wild rice (I used Uncle Ben’s Original, without the seasoning)
1.5 c. white long grain rice
½ lb. snow peas, cut in half cross wise
3 tbl. Balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
6 tbl. Vegetable oil
¼ c. apricot preserves
1 lg. red pepper, cut into a ½ inch dice
2 scallions trimmed and sliced thin

Cook wild rice following package directions. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool. While wild rice is cooling, cook white rice according to pkg directions. Spread out on a baking sheet to cool.

Bring a medium size saucepan of water to boil. Add snow peas and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. (I steamed mine in the microwave instead.)

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Whisk in apricot preserves until mixture is smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, gently combine rice, snow peas and red pepper. Add dressing and gently stir to coat. Put scallions on top and serve.

Recipe from Family Circle

About the picture taking. I have literally thought more about buying this camera http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=11154, than about who I was going to marry, or becoming a parent. Ok, maybe not, but it is beginning to feel that way. Although I want a Digital Rebel XT with my whole heart, it is hard for me to part with the funds, when my gig as a SAHM is not paying so well. But, I have been saving from my PT job, and some gift money etc. and I think I am going to do it! Instead of upgrading immediately to the XTi, I am going to get an XT from Target, b/c it is about $100 less AND if I sign up for a Target credit card, I can get another 10% off. See, I have this thing justified like it is MY job :) So, if I really do it, prepare for many more photos! I know just enough about photography and photoshop to be dangerous. Pin It

No comments: