Thursday, May 10, 2007

a yummy dessert recipe

Vanilla Pudding and Banana Dessert

1 large pkg. of instant vanilla pudding
1 box of Lorna Doone shortbread cookies
1 stick of butter or margarine
2.5 cups of milk
1 tub of Cool Whip
3 ripe bananas


Crush Lorna Doone cookies coarsely, combine with one stick of melted butter, and spread in a 9x13 pan.

Make pudding using 2.5 cups of cold milk. Once combined, add 2 heaping tablespoons of Cool Whip and mix together. Slice one or two bananas into pudding mixture.

Slice one banana over cookie crust. Spread pudding mixture over that. Spread remaining Cool Whip on top.

Enjoy! My neighbor said to crush oreos over the top but I like it like this.

As usual, no pictures! I made this for the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon yesterday at my daughter's school and the people, they were raving. Olivia's teacher told me she had to go back for a second scoop. Thing is, I put this in a disposable, aluminum pan for ease of transporting and to eliminate the necessity to remember to bring home my empty dish. So, all yellow and white ingredients, in a silver, disposable pan...probably not something that could be beautified once photographed. But trust me, this is GOOD STUFF. I only had it for the first time last summer at my neighbor's house, and since then I have made it 2-3 times, and it disappears. I usually cheat and make a little dish on the side for myself. I recommend that. Also, this is my best attempt at writing down the recipe that was relayed to me over the phone so if you already make this dish, and see flaws, they are not big enough to effect the taste. Pin It

No comments: