Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Lame, but it's all I've got.
We had a great New Year's Eve at our neighbors. Seriously, the most fun I have had in years. I am not a huge NYE person. When I was young, I'd shell out the big bucks for a big Hotel event or something and always end up disappointed. Since having kids, we just stick with the low key, if we do anything at all. BUT the past two years, my Mom has graciously offered to babysit. That worked out perfectly for us last night + no driving to or from our destination + PLENTY of food and cocktails + dancing (really hoping there were no hidden cameras) + truly fun friends. Today, we picked up the kids from my parents' home and had a big home cooked meal. Nothing soothes the soul (or a hangover) like homemade mashed potatoes.
Back to reality starting tomorrow: early morning wake up calls, school buses, carpools, packing lunches.... Pin It

No comments: