Tuesday, December 23, 2008

making magnets





Yesterday, when the girls came in to interrupt me for the umpteenth millionth time, I decided to let them craft something up with me. These are just the little pebbles you put in the bottom of vases. I got them at the Dollar Store in two sizes. It was a deal too b/c I saw the same thing elsewhere for $5, that is why it is so important to know the inventory at Dollar Tree like I do. Anyway, Olivia was not pleased with just adhering scrapbook paper to hers, so she made little creatures from her thumbprints, inkpads and a marker. Clever. Shelby did some like that too but she liked my original idea as well. Did you know if you are a 7 year old girl, you like very little of what your mom says? Make that almost none. Since a few people on our list will be receiving these in the next few days, I won't show the finished product quite yet but it was fun, quick and easy. Oh, we just used Mod Podge to adhere the paper. And I had self stick strips of magnet.

I am still feeling rushed and not quite done which is not the usual for me. I still need a last trip to the Mall tonight. It is December 23 for those of you not right in front of a calendar. In my book, this is just plain wrong and unacceptable. I want to be at home, warm and toasty not searching for a parking spot and standing in line. Bah Humbug. I am wondering if my last few giftees would mind these magnets instead of what I am going out in search of...
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: