Thursday, January 15, 2009

peanut butter pretzel bites recipe

(photo from Taste of Home)

So my neighbor, who is not an avid cook, delivers these awesome treats and candies at Christmas. I mean, delicious. So I ask for the recipes for a few and instead, after Christmas, she delivers a whole Taste of Home cookbook to me. So, I made these earlier in the week. A bit time consuming but so darned good! I actually just made half of the recipe which is plenty for my little get together tomorrow night. Enjoy.

peanut butter pretzel bites

Ingredients:
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 tablespoons water
5 cups miniature pretzels
1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating
Directions: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into coating until completely covered; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.

You can also view the recipe here, with comments from other cooks. Pin It

No comments: