Monday, January 12, 2009

what's for dinner?

Chicken Divan.

In 2003, I helped organize a family cookbook for my husband's side of the family. He has a huge extended family so there was plenty to collect, collate, print and finally distribute. I refer to mine often and have made many things.

At our family Christmas party in December, his aunt had several dishes of Chicken Divan prepared. Yum. That is something I have not made, or eaten, for years. Tonight, I whipped her recipe up and you can too:


CHICKEN DIVAN
AUNT BEV


4-6 Cups Cooked Chicken ( I use boneless Chicken Breasts and tear them into good size pieces after cooking.)

1 lg. Bag Chopped Broccoli ( Or you can use fresh and cook it and chop it )
2 Cans. Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Hellman’s mayonnaise
2 TBLSP. Lemon Juice
1 C. Shredded Sharp Cheese
1 C. Bread Crumbs

Put Broccoli in bottom of 9X13 dish. Place Cut chicken on top,
Mix. mayo, soup and lemon juice together. Pour over Chicken.
Tob with cheese and crumbs.

Bake 350’ for about 30 min.

Since this is something that only Dave and I will eat, I divided mine into smaller dishes and froze one. That one is actually in a disposable aluminum pan, wrapped in foil and then placed inside a Ziploc freezer bag. It might be dinner for us down the road, or meals on wheels for my parents! Pin It

No comments: