Saturday, March 28, 2009

baby quilt


I saw this wonderful fabric on a blog I have come to really enjoy: Cluck Cluck Sew. This woman creates quilts at an alarming rate! I headed to my local JoAnn's for this fabric yesterday, and I agree with her, it does have a Japanese feel and is far more accessible to me. I paired it with orange flannel, and used another layer of flannel for the batting. I am SO NEW to quilting, that I might be breaking some cardinal rule but it has come together pretty quickly. For the stitching, I used a stitch on my new machine that I think mimics rick rack. I did not come up with this on my own. I think I saw it on flickr, but to save my life cannot find the photo to give proper credit back. If the person who showed this reads my blog, speak up!!
I just appreciate all of the inspiration available. It never dawned on me to simplify things to this degree: pair two solid fabrics and skip the piecing altogether. But by adding the decorative stitching and a binding, you have something very special. I plan to give this as a new baby gift. It is more a "stroller size" blanket as it measures about 1 full yard.
I already created my binding and cannot wait to attach it so I am left with just the hand stitching that allows me to come out of my craft room and into the family room where I appear to be spending quality time with my family. Hey, at least I am present!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: