Monday, May 4, 2009

pesto potato salad

Years ago, I used to get my haircut at one of those newer, upscale, outdoor mall type places. It is filled with great stores: Anthroplogie, Z Gallerie, 4 Gaps...you know what I mean, right? Well, I used to love to go to Wild Oats (grocery store). They had the best prepared food and you could get a sampler plate of mix and match gourmet salads and sides. That was the first and only place I had ever eaten pesto potato salad and it was delish. Today, I gave it a whirl on my own since I signed up for "potato salad" for the Teacher Appreciation luncheon this week. I simply sliced a bunch of potatoes and boiled them until they were just tender. I drained them, added one container of Bertoli refrigerated pesto, a splash of vinegar, diced red onion and diced red pepper. Darn if it is not tasty, and that was almost immediately after making it. I bet tomorrow it will even be better. Dave even ate it for dinner alongside of our BLT's. Had he known there was a mystical ingredient called pesto in it, surely he would not have tasted it.

This week, I made out a rough list of what I plan to have for dinner each night. I am thinking this could help me stay focused and most importantly stop me from forgetting about meats I have purchased for consumption within a few days, but then reside in my fridge too long AND those items that I freeze or purchase frozen, and then forget about and they take on an icy, un-tasty life of their own. How's that for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg sentence? Just so you know, Wednesday is marked down for pizza-the Dominos variety at that. That is the every other week, after Brownies but before soccer practice, ritual around here. The thing is, I need to get on a low-cal program for myself b/c I am suffering from some unwanted winter weight. Suffering badly. Pin It

No comments: