Sunday, November 8, 2009

christmas tree pillow


Since I got all the Halloween decor at least corralled onto the dining room table AND I got all the laundry put away plus sheets changed on two beds, I decided to finish my pillow that I began last night. Overall, this project went quickly.
I got all the stitching done during the first half of the Bengals game. I had cut everything out and ironed it on last night.
And then I constructed the pillow itself in just a matter of minutes. I just sewed the two squares together and left nearly one whole side open to insert the form. Not fancy, but it looks good enough for me.
This is a big pillow form, 20 inches. The back fabric is a remnant I bought a long time ago which happens to match my side chair in the family room.
And as I said yesterday, this pillow was made to match a Holiday banner, however, I have yet to give those out to friends so I don't want to totally ruin the surprise here. See those green gift bags? Those hold 4 gifts just waiting to be opened! I am kind of excited to get this all downstairs and do the house up for Christmas. Which is crazy talk considering the 70 degree weather here.

Next up, a knock of this, don't you think?

This is from Crate and Barrel. I don't know any fancy embroidery stitches but I have plenty of felted wool that I am inclined to attach with some simple x's and lines. I bet I can even knock off a snow flake...
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments: