Saturday, February 27, 2010

meals on wheels


In my family, if someone has surgery or is sad or god forbid, has lost a loved one--we go into cooking mode. My mom, the best mom in the whole wide world, is having surgery in a week or so, so today I started making "meals on wheels" as she would call them. I made two from scratch pot pies ( one for her, one for us!), 16 hot ham and cheese sandwiches (individually wrapped in foil for easy heating in the oven), chicken is cooked for Chicken Divan and I made a pot of a new soup, Sausage and Corn Chowder. This is from the Tasty Kitchen site, an offshoot of the Pioneer Woman website. That lady is a dynamite and this cooking site is becoming great just like her other features. The soup is really tasty.

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of you! She is lucky to have you!

Run Lori Run said...

Wow, what a nice thing to do!