Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WWW-Weight Watchers Wednesday



How about it?

I am in a bit of a good mood having seen a decrease in my overall weight today. For the first time ever, I am on a formal diet. Weight Watchers. I am about 2.5 weeks into it and getting in a groove.

Things I like:

--all of the online tools, I am a computer person and I find this easy to use and access
--even better--the iphone app. I would say this has been biggest reason I am sticking to it. i enter my points for the day on the go and it works for me.
--laughing cow cheeses, each triangle is 1 point and they taste good. today i melted two with pasta and veggies and it was a yummy meal.

My major changes:

--I gave up COKE, I am now drinking diet coke and pepsi and doing just fine with it. apparently the carbonation was nearly as important to me as the taste. i did have one COKE on my birthday last Wednesday. it was my birthday and both girls were home with the flu. that COKE was worth every bit of it's 3 pts.
--breads and crackers. i have found tasty substitutes for these items and i don't miss my old standbys like white bread and club crackers at all. favorite options: Special K Crackers (you can eat 24 of these!), Healthy Life breads and whole wheat pretzel sticks.
--exercise. i am not good at it. i dont like it but i am moving 20-30 min per day.

Bummers:

--counting out and being super aware of portions
--i ordered a Venti Starbucks Iced Tea lemonade yesterday and then found out it was 5 points. So, I enjoyed that one and knew it was likely permanently off of my list. The good news? I can still have a Grande Light Frappucino for 3 points.
--pizza. Any way you slice it, it is a high number item. i have tried to eat one piece and fill out the rest of my meal with veggies and salad. this is hard b/c my family eats/order pizza about once per week.

That's it for now. Next week I will report back with hits and misses from the point counting trenches.

Seeking inspiration? I find it here. Pin It

No comments: