Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Joy Bauer's Food Cures

This post is long overdue as I received a copy of Food Cures months ago!


Over a year ago, I embraced the Joy Bauer slim down plan which was being promoted by Family Circle. Sadly, I did not stick to the routine but while I did, I loved it and saw results. With January approaching, it is a good time to revisit what has worked for me and get motivated to get moving and eat better.

Because I was familiar with Joy's ideas, this book was a natural. I find the information to be no nonsense and educational with facts such as these:

Did you know:

Pistachios help lower cholesterol
Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory that can that may help relieve arthritis pain

The book is broken down into useful parts, that address different areas that can be affected by the foods you eat. Topics include skin, hair, vision, memory, weight loss, mood and migraine headaches.

With a new year approaching and mental and physical health topping many of our lists for 2012, Food Cures makes an excellent resource. The book has been recently revised and updated making it even more comprehensive and relevant.

Is improving your overall health on your 2012 resolution list? It is on mine and I wish us all success!

***this book was provided to me at no charge by the publisher but the review and opinions are my own.




Pin It

No comments: