Thursday, March 26, 2009

me and the mona lisa


About 15 years ago (some days it feels like 50, and others it seems like only yesterday) 3 of my close friends, and me, went on a cruise. It was probably one of the most fun and adventurous trips of our lives. We were so young, and mostly stupid, taking crazy chances like hanging out with the cabin steward at a bar in Mexico and nearly missing the ship before it deported. Sigh. As a mother now, I cringe at memories like that.
Anyway, we survived and still laugh at the memories. This is the matted frame that people signed who came to my party on Saturday night. Not sure which friend I have to thank for digging this photo out of the archives, but it is me...and the Mona Lisa carved out of cheese. If you have ever been on a cruise, you understand. They do amazing things with ice and food!

Click the picture to view Mona and Me larger.
***eta: do this at your own risk! I guess when I cropped in on this, and took it in extremely low light, it = super poor picture quality. My apologies to the cheese sculptor.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

teckert said...

Hallgath, I came across your blog as I was looking for the Dusa Family Bourbon Slush Recipe, for my trip to Florida. I am the one who dug up that hilarious picture. It does seem like yesterday that we were on that cruise. I figured if my picture was dug up your should be as well. Glad you are enjoying it :)