Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Meal Plan


On Monday. Oh yea, I am on it this week.

Monday: My favorite Chicken Casserole (held over from last week)

Cranberry Chicken Casserole

1 package Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Wild Rice

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can (16oz) Whole Cranberry Sauce

3 tbs butter

2 tbs soy sauce

1 tbs lemon juice

½ cup sliced almonds

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Butter all sides of 11x 14 baking dish. Sprinkle uncooked rice evenly over butter. Sprinkle seasoning packet over rice. Arrange raw chicken on rice.

In medium sauce pan combine cranberry sauce, butter, soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir until melted and well blended. Pour sauce over chicken. Add 2 tbs of water to rice surrounding chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle almonds on chicken, bake until almonds are brown and chicken is tender.

Tuesday: BBQ Pork Chops - while cleaning out my pantry (b/c I am a Motivated Mom you know) I found 4 bottles of BBQ sauce so I am setting to work on using it. Baked potatoes and corn or green beans.

Wednesday: Vegetable Soup. I making a double batch of this for the Teachers' conference night on Thursday. I will make burgers for the girls with some of the ground chuck.

Thursday: Metts, Hot Dogs and Baked Beans.

That's as far as I've gotten. Pin It

No comments: